Thursday 21 October 2010

Last date for acceptance of entries

As I have received comments that the ten days or so until the start of The Great Travel Bug Knockout is too short a time for some prospective entrants to prepare their Travel Bugs, I will allow entries to be placed up to November 30th. The first elimination will take place on December 1st, and after this time no new entries will be accepted, except for replacements for TBs that have definitely been muggled.

You can place your TB into it's first cache at any time from October 30th until November 30th, but the later you leave it, the less time it will have to move.

Also, just to reiterate that your TB can be any item, but must be attached to a standard Travel Bug Dog Tag. This is to make it fair to every entrant that anyone who retrieves the TB will receive the same icon, and to avoid an entrant entering a geocoin or tag with an unusual and rare icon.

If you have any questions at all, just post a comment. It won't appear immediately as I am moderating them to avoid annoying spam appearing, but I'll okay them as soon as I can.

Happy racing, STP

5 comments:

  1. can I re-use my emcache racer (now in my hands), and ask you to deduct the existing mileage?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really have to...
    he says reluctantly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul,
    Please enter "Scary Halloween Monster" (TB3N416).

    Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in. And just in time for Halloween too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul, can I enter my racer please.
    http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2805824

    Thanks, Geo-X

    ReplyDelete